Wednesday 10 August 2011

Welcome Emails, Ties and Rioting

Hey again dudes & dudettes,

So i'm sure a lot of you have heard about the London rioting. What the hell is that about? One guy dies (and believe me, he was NOT a good man) and people thinking it's just hunky dory to go and riot in major cities of England.
Far from cool.
My area's pretty safe... for now. I've heard some riots are starting in the more working class areas of town, but I have faith that the police will be able to keep it under control. My area is definitely rather well off.
That being said, the whole of London seems to be hit pretty hard. Not surprising as it's the capital, but still. I don't think people are thoughtful enough to realise that this is people's PRIVATE businesses that they're destroying. They're people's homes that they're breaking into, it's their clothes and electronics they're stealing, it's their property and their own physical bodies that are being damaged in the process of mindless and unlawful violence.
I have to say that this is one of the few moments when I can say two things;
1) Kaiser Chief's were right. (I predict a riot)
2) I am disappointed in my country.

There is a large growing public outcry against the riots, though. Something specifically known as 'operation cup of tea'. I'm all for it; why not bring at least a little bit of pride back to the citizens of England? After all, my entire view of England is on a fine line between 'Shithole' and 'Respectable'.
If you want to check it out, go to the Operation Cup Of Tea facebook event page for more info.

There's also cleanup activity which makes me smile. There are people who want this to stop, it's just a shame that mindless violence gets in the way of moral common sense sometimes.

Moving swiftly on-wards,

I got my Gryffindor tie a couple of days ago. Heck yes! Now i'm ready to go to the costume showing of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part two!

On another bad note, however, I still haven't received my welcome email from Pottermore.
URGH.

I want to know which scarf to order for 6th form, and how am I supposed to know if Pottermore won't give me my damn email? I keep checking my email regardless, hoping that it will be there.
Apart from some wild speculation, it's not like people even KNOW when they're getting their emails! Could they not have the common courtesy to not keep us in wait?
After all, I could be pretending to do some 6th form work right now, instead of constantly refreshing my emails!

I'm going to go and comment on the Pottermore Insider Blog in a minute and see if they even have the courtesy to reply. It's doubtful, though.

-sigh-

This post hasn't been a very happy one has it? I guess results day is getting closer and closer, not that's what things generally do if you let time pass, and i'm starting to stress out.
A lot.

I just want to do well, but if I do well, I fear sabotaging the relationship with my sister. (You know, with that sibling rivalry shit? She didn't talk to me for at least a week after the last results day.)

Poop.

No comments:

Post a Comment